Calculate Manufacturing Lead Times: Not Calculating Lead Times Correctly With Multiple Resource Shifts
(Doc ID 1984445.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Calculate Manufacturing Lead Times' does not calculate lead times correctly with multiple resource shifts.
Fixed lead time is exactly half (1/2) if the lead-time is run for a range.
What is working
Works correctly if only one shift.
With multiple shifts -- The calculation is correct if run for a specific item.
With multiple shifts --The lead time is wrong if run for a range of items.
Expect correct calculations when using multiple resource shifts.
1. Navigate to Responsibility: Work in Process: WIP > Other > Requests
2. Select Range for Item Selection and submit the request.
3. Review the results.
4. See fixed lead time is half (1/2) if run for a range but correct if run for a specific item.
- When running the program for a specific item the Fixed Leadtime = 5.3469696969697, Variable = 0, Processing = 6. This is what is expected.
- When running the program for a range the Fixed Leadtime = 2.71026557711951, Variable = 0, Processing = 3. This is incorrect
- If one of the shifts for resource 11015 is removed and then run the program for a range, this item then calculates the lead times correctly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document