Field Service - Dispatch Center - Commit Task Not Accessible Right After Schedule Of Particular Task
(Doc ID 1985069.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Field Service - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.3 Dispatch Center
After assigning a given task to a resource using the Scheduler UI in Dispatch Center, the task is updated in the task grid, but "Commit Task" function is not accessible.
Expect that the 'Commit Task' function be available so that the task can be commited from the task grid.
Steps To Reproduce
- (R) Field Service Manager
- (N)Open Dispatch Center>run a query to return Tasks in the Grid
- Select one of the schedulable tasks from the task grid.
- Right-click on that record, Select “Schedule” from the context menu. Let the system find a resource for you or simply make you suggestion and decide yourself which resource. (Select a resource that will not be visible on the Plan Board without scrolling). Select that resource and schedule the Task to it.
- Task will now be updated in the task grid but is still visible.
- Right-click on the newly scheduled task. “Commit Task” is grayed out. Need to navigate to the Task in the Plan board to see the "Commit Task" function available.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|