Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for currency 29-Aug-2016
On : 12.1.3 version, Ship Confirm
When pick releasing an order line for an item which is lot controlled and also has lot expiration control, pick release completes successfully and a move order is created, but no lot number is assigned to the move order or to the delivery detail. When attempting to ship confirm this delivery detail, the following error occurs.
Warning: Delivery Details nnnnnn in this delivery do not satisfy Inventory controls. The Ship Confirm option selected will unassign all the lines from delivery ddddddd
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to the Inventory Picking Rule form, see that the picking rule is applicable to sales orders, has Lot as the first sort criteria, and lot criteria is FEFO, meaning that the lot with the earliest expiration date should be picked first.
2. Navigate to Master Item form. The item in question is defined as an inventory item, stockable and transactable but the 'lot divisible' attribute is not checked. Lot expiration control is user defined. The item has full lot control
3. Navigate the Organization Parameters form, ATP Pick Item-Sourcing tab, see that the picking default rule is the same as the picking rule defined in step 1
4. Pick release an order for this item, see from the pick release log file that pick release was successful.
5. Run the HTMomse12 report for the order. See that the delivery detail is not assigned to a lot, and that no lot is assigned in mtl_transactions_interface either. We expected pick release to automatically pick the lot with the earliest expiration date.
6. Attempt to ship confirm the delivery assigned to this order. Ship confirm fails with the warning that the delivery detail does not satisfy inventory controls.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users must manually select and enter the correct lot number on the delivery detail (in the shipping transactions form). This is extremely time consuming, because the users will need to inspect all lots for this item to find the lot with the earliest expiration date.
NOTE: This occurred when there was only one lot available from which to pick, and some quantity had already been picked from the same lot. If another lot had existed, that other lot would have been selected. This result would also be wrong, because that lot would have a later expiration date than the lot which should have been used.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms