Error Not Reported Properly When Changing Item Lifecycle Phases
Last updated on JANUARY 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are able to promote the lifecycle phase from Production to Retirement, but unable to Demote the lifecycle phase to anything. Error is not reported properly when changing item lifecycle phases; when there is a conflict between item attributes in the current lifecycle phase/item status, system will not implement a lifecycle change to move it to any other lifecycle.
Expect the PIM lifecycle page displays the error message properly.
1. Production lifecycle phase has default item status as 'Setup'.
2. Open 'Sales and Order Management' page, and update attributes.
3. Promote lifecycle phase from Production to Retirement.
4. Demote lifecycle phase from Retirement back to Production, which defaults to item status 'Setup'.
5. Click the Implement button and get Error on page with no error information.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms