Service Request: Unable to Create SR (with or without Item Instance) Due to Timezone Error
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to create a Service Request because of a Timezone error relating to the Customer or to the 'Installed at Location'.
ErrOR IN Populate_Incident_Date: ORA-01882: timezone region not found
ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_TIMEZONES_PVT", line 29
ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_TIMEZONE_PUB", line 9
(R) Field Service Dispatcher (or any Service responsibility)
(N) Service Request > Create Service Request
- Enter Serial Number of instance
- Enter Customer Account number
=> Get the error
What is Working:
- The majority of Customers do not cause any errors.
- The majority of Serial Number do not cause any errors.
- If the tzname exists, the error does not occur.
- For an Item Instance, delete the Timezone from the location of the Installed Base item before creating an SR for the instance.
- For a Customer, in the past is was possible to remove the Timezone from the Contact Center - Address tab, but not anymore.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms