Debrief Return Line Quantity Drop Down Not Enforcing Data Defaults And Validation When Autocomplete Is Used
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Field Service - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Debrief / Field Service Report
When entering Debrief Return lines, if the quantity field is select from a drop down list (presented by the IE browser Autocomplete feature) instead of manually typed in, then the automatic return routing fields (i.e. To Organization, To Subinventory) are NOT defaulted and because of this the mandatory Shipping method field is never opened for data input.
The drop down list is displayed because of the IE AutoComplete feature.
The "Other" section should display correctly no matter if the Quantity value is entered manually or using AutoComplete.
WHAT IS WORKING
If the Quantity value is entered manually, then the Debrief page logic works correctly and the "Other" section is correctly rendered.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. On Internet Explore enabled AutoComplete for forms:
Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete > enable the AutomComplete there.
Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced > scroll down to the entry called "Use inline AutoComplete" and check that.
2. Close IE and restart.
3. Logon to eBusiness Suite and navigate to Debrief HTML page
4. In the Debrief page add a new Return line
5. On the Return line Quantity field, do not enter a value manually. Instead, click twice on the field and IE will use the AutoComplete feature and will show you all the previous values used in that field.
6. Select one of those values and tab out from the field, the “Other” section is not completed automatically and the mandatory Shipping method field is not displayed
7. Save and the page is saved without the mandatory shipping return information.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms