Cannot Resubmit a Workflow in the Status Monitor due to Java.lang.NullPointerException
Last updated on OCTOBER 19, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Workflow - Version 12.2.3 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Applications 12.2.4, Transaction Fulfillment,
when trying to resume the suspended workflow from Tools>Workflow status ( Monitor Activity UI) following error occurs:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Order management super user.
2. Query an order line.
3. Go to an specific line >Tools>Workflow status >Try to resume suspended workflow activity.
The error can also happen when trying to reassign a notification in the status monitor:
1. Workflow Monitor
2. Query the workflow
3. Select an activity
4. Click on activity History
5. Select an Activity in Notified status
6. Click on Reassign icon
7. Select a user to reassign the notification
8. Click on Submit button
Another way to reproduce the problem:
1. Status Monitor,
2. Query a workflow in error
3. Go to activity history
4. Attempt to retry an activity
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms