WIP Lot Backflush Transaction- APP-INV-05407: Quantity will drive inventory negative - Incorrect Qty
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, Transactions
When attemping to perform WIP Assembly completion for Lot Controlled Components, the following error occurs: APP-INV-05407: Quantity will drive inventory negative
Find when performing Misc Issue transaction Lot qty shows available but with WIP issue transaction (backflush) the lot qty shows unavailable.
APP-INV-05407: Quantity will drive inventory negative
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps, one Example:
1. Responsibility = Work In Process, Org=CM1
2. WIP: Discrete-> Discrete Job/Assembly = 5004 / SPC-0201, job quantity=9
3. Push Components button -> Supply Tab -> Component SPC-1075 WIP supply type = assembly pull, subinventory = C31 RM
4. Click Quantities Tab (Note Quantity issued is Zero as this will be backflushed during Completion transaction as expected), 9 on-hand
5. INV: ON-Hand-> in Subinventory SPC-0175 is in C31 RM, shows LOT of 14-6011
6. Availability of lot 14-6011 Click Availability (see Available to transact is 9 )
7. SP-0175 also shows 9 on-hand in C31 RM and
8. Lot On-Hand Quantities also shows 9 of 14-6011
9. WIP: Material Transactions-> Completion Transactions
10. Query org/job CM1/5004, 9 of SPC-0201 available to complete -> Continue
11. Enter Completion Subinventory, Quantity to Complete and Click on Lot/Serial Button(highlighted)
12. Click Generate LOT to assign LOT number for the assembly and quantity for the Lot. Lot Number is 15-18005 for item SPC-0201, Then click Done
13. Click Done (it takes us as expected to WIP issue form automatically to enter Lot details for backflush (assembly pull) component SPC-0175). Available = 9, ... all is good
14. Press Lot button. Click On Lot Number LOV, Lot number 14-6011 shows up,
15. Quantity Available shows as ‘0’ which is incorrect.
Enter Quantity (9) and will get warning message as shown below that inventory will be driven negative.
16. Message is APP-INV-05407: Quantity will drive inventory negative.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms