Project Information Not Copied To Itemized Expense Line When Itemized By Auditor
(Doc ID 1996142.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Internet Expenses - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Expenses Requests
While creating/processing expense reports Project and Task information is not copied during itemization and this makes is seem as if Project data is being being lost for some expense lines. The OIE Profiles are set requiring users to enter Project and Task information on expense lines, however some expense lines are seen at the table level in OIE without the project information and reverting to the default account coding.
All expense lines should require project related data and no project data should be lost during expense processing.
The issue can be reproduced *randomly* with the following steps:
1) Set Project data to Required for the OIE application by enabling the profile option "OIE: Enable Project Allocations" to Required or Required with Account Alllocations
2) Enter new expense reports through the Internet Expense related responsibility
3) Have the manager/approver Approve the expense report.
4) Audit the report. Query the report in the Audit form.
a) On the Audit form under the Verify Expense tab select the Detail icon for the expense line in question.
b) On the Details form select the Itemize button to open the Itemization form.
c) Select the single itemization (1-1) and edit the amount (example, change the original amount from $100 to $90)
d) Select the Add Another Row button.
e) Edit the amounts and other (for example, enter $10 for the new row 1-2 and change the tax code from NULL to GST Exempt).
f) Select the Return button to show the rows in the Verify Expenses on the Audit Form
g) Note that there is no value for Project or Task for the new row 1-2 nor is there any way to enter a value for these fields are they are greyed out.
h) Select Complete Audit.
5) Export the report to Payables
6) Confirm the the Itemized line has exported to the invoice without Project data and without a Project generated CCID
7) These lines will now not interface with Project Accounting
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot interface all project related expenses from the OIE product to the AP product into the PA product.
This a procedural issue. The Auditor is using Add Another Row to itemize the expense line rather than Duplicate.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!