Lot Status on Internal Order Transfer Carried Over From Source Org Despite 'Allow Different Material Status' Set To Yes In Destination Org
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.1 to 12.2.3 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find when performing internal order transfer into an inventory org where org parameter "Allow different material status" is set to 'Yes' the lot status from the source organization is being erroneously applied
to the destination org instead of being taken from the default lot status for the specific item.
Expect Default Lot status for the Item to be taken from the Default Lot Status instead of the Lot Status from the Source Organization at the time of an Internal Order Transfer
The issue can be reproduced using a similar setup from the following Example:
1. Create and transact internal order to transfer a lot controlled item (100274) from Source org (ABC) to Destination Org (XYZ).
2. Destination org (XYZ) has org parameter setting "Allow different Material status" set = 'Yes".
3. Destination org (XYZ) has item (100274) lot status enabled with a default lot status set = 'QUARANTINE'.
4. Lot number in the SRC organization has a lot status = 'ABC Active'.
5. When the internal order is received into DEST org (XYZ) we expect the lost status to be set to default lot status 'QUARANTINE' because of org parameter setting 'Allow different material status"
6. Instead lot status 'ABC Active' is being carried over from ABC to the org XYZ
Responsibility Order Management: Ship confirm internal order containing Lot controlled item
Responsibility Inventory: Receive internal order shipment containing lot controlled itemP
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms