Quantity On Hand Fails To Satisfy Reservation' Note Appears As Many Times
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Transaction Fulfillment
Quantity on hand fails to satisfy reservation > Exact same issue as described in MOS Note.1665929.1:
Virtually all of our shipments are grouped in ship sets with large number of lines. Each ship set can have a few dozen lines.
If some items in the ship set are not available we are getting a pop-up message 'Quantity on hand fails to satisfy reservation'.
If we have a ship set with 50 items and 40 are not on hand, then the message will pop up 40 times and has to be clicked on
40 times. This is especially annoying when one line item is updated, the ship set re-evaluates re-triggering the pop up to
display 40 times when line is saved. After the 'Quantity on hand fails to satisfy reservation' pop-up is clicked 40 times a
summary 'Process Messages' pop-up with process messages appears showing all the lines that failed reservations. The
summary pop-up is sufficient. There is no need to display the single line pop up as many times as lines in the ship set that
Expect the pop up message should not pop up for all lines ,the message should be displayed in the process message screen for all lines.
1. Set OM parameters:
'OM : Auto Schedule Sets' to No
'Reservation Time Fence' to 365
2. Create Sales Order, set the Line Set field on the order header to Ship
3. Add large number of lines to the order, where at least half of the items are not in stock.
4. Ensure that all the lines had ship set 1 correctly assigned.
5. Save the order
6. The 'Quantity on hand fails to satisfy reservation' error message appears as many times as there lines without stock in the ship set.
7. Change one of the lines. Save. The Ship Set is getting re-evaluated and the pop up triggered the same number of times, despite only one line being changed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms