OTM and GTM Crash When User Types Incomplete Contact in Trade Item Screen And Clicks Save + Finished
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Global Trade Management - Version 6.3.2 to 6.3.3 [Release 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OTM and GTM applications crash when user types incomplete Contact in trade Item screen and clicks save + finished
While implementing GTM, this is a serious issue that bring down OTM/GTM when a user enters a Supplier id and does not select a value from the drop down list or clicks on the "l" list button, but just clicks on save and then Finished.
GTM is trying to display a list of valid Contacts for the user to pick from before it crashes with out of memory error.
This is particularly true when you have large number of contacts. Increasing the Max Message size from 1000000 to 2000000 makes GTM start showing the list of Contacts for the user to select from, however while retrieving the data GTM goes down and one needs to restart APP and Web server to recover. See steps below used to increase message size
1. Open weblogic.conf at $GLOG_HOME/weblogic - Increase ‘jvm.arg=-Dweblogic.MaxMessageSize’ parameter to 200000000.
2. Open config.xml.fresh at $GLOG_HOME/weblogic/domains/otm/config - Increase ‘max-message-size’ record to 200000000.
3. Open tomcat.conf at $GLOG_HOME/tomcat/bin. Add an entry for – jvm.arg=-Dweblogic.MaxMessageSize=200000000.
4. Restart app and web services.
This is a serious issue that can take down the entire instance due to a user error when entering a Contact (Party) in the Suppliers section in the Trade Item screen, see screen shots attached. I.e. assume user enters TEST and no drop down shows up because there are more than 10 Contacts that begin with TEST and user just continues to enter country codes and then clicks on save to save record and then clicks on the Finished button, then GTM/OTM goes down due to this out of memory error.
Expected behavior: It should not hang, but quickly provide the page with the list to choose from.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Trade Master Data -> Trade Item management -> Trade Item -> New
2) Enter an Item ID and in the Suppliers section just enter any text Country's as USA, USA and press Save -> Finished
3) A page opens with list of all suppliers with a Radio button to choose.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms