R12: AP: Supplier Unable to use Duplicate TAXPAYER ID if POS: ALLOW SUPPLIERS WITH DUPLICATE TAXPAYER ID=Y
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.2.4 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Payables, when a user attempts to change the Taxpayer ID of an existing supplier and the Tax ID is already used for another supplier, the warning / error message listed below is displayed. When the user clicks on Confirm, the changes are not saved and the warning message does not go away.
There is at least one other supplier record in the system with the same Taxpayer ID - Do you still want to update this supplier record?
Steps or Events That Lead To the Issue Occurring
1. Using Payables Manager responsibility
2. Navigate to Suppliers > Entry >
3. Click on Go button to display existing suppliers
4. Click on the Update button next to the selected supplier
5. Attempt to change the Taxpayer Id
6. Warning message is displayed.
7. Nothing happens after attempting to save the changes.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms