P_DATE_START and P_DATE_END getting passed as "hr_api.g_date" (01-01-4712) to the Absence Before Update User Hook
(Doc ID 1997121.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Observed that, P_START_DATE and P_END_DATE are not getting passed with correct values to the Absence Before Update User Hook API.
Expect that, the correct values of P_START_DATE and P_END_DATE get passed to the Absence Before Update User Hook API.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Pre-requisite: Custom User Hook logic has been coded and registered for Absence Before Update User Hook.
1. Login using "Employee Self-Service" responsibility.
2. Navigate to Absence Management.
3. Click on the "Update" icon against an existing Absence record.
4. Make changes to any field (say DFF values) other than "Date Start" and "Date End" fields.
5. Click "Next"
6. Observe that, a custom validation error message pertaining to Date Start and Date End was getting fired which was not expected because there were no changes made to Date Start and Date End values.
7. Upon verifying the Absence Before Update User Hook (HR_PERSON_ABSENCE_BK2.UPDATE_PERSON_ABSENCE_B), it was found that the values for P_START_DATE and P_END_DATE were getting passed as "hr_api.g_date" (01-01-4712).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document