PERWSHRG Hire Applicant Fails with Error "“You Cannot assign this position because it is Frozen”"
(Doc ID 1997286.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Person / Assignment Issues in Production
When attempting to hire an internal applicant,
the following error occurs.
“You Cannot assign this position because it is Frozen”
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to the HRMS Responsibility
2. Change date to the effective date
3. Search for the applicant
4. Select the application id and choose Merge with Primary Assignment
5. Click Hire button
6. Don’t change anything on the person information, click Next button
7. On the assignment form copied the position, deleted it, then clicked back in that field and pasted it. This will populate all the default values for that position.
8. Add 1 year performance review period
9. Click the Next button
10. Get the same error message – “You Cannot assign this position because it is Frozen”
Go to application
1. Choose Hire applicant
2. Choose Update
3. Choose Hire on the record
4. Click OK button
5. Choose Yes, I want to update the primary assignment
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document