Last updated on JUNE 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (UK) - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that after the application of the EOY patching for the UK, testing revealed that NI Category I is not being calculated as expected :
-- Expected Behaviour
the new functionality for NI calculation for under 21's (legislation abolished employers NI for under 21's so the calc should be 0) this employee shows as 19 yrs old on Cat I
The issue looks to be related but in reverse so cannot be the statement highlighted because the calculation being performed is :
- niable + LEL *0 .034
-1687.75 + 486 *0.034 = - 40.86
1) Niable pay we start with is a positive amount.
2) If it was that statement in the BUG and at that point the Niable was negative it would have added 486 to 1687 (minus times minus = Plus) and given us a bigger negative.
3) ERS NI should be 0
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Apply EOY patching
2. Test employee on NI I
3. Enter assignment details / Tax information
4. Set up a payment of 1835.25
5. Ran quickpay for April 2015 (period end date 30-APR-2015)
6. View SOE
7. NI Ers YTD = -45.87
Why is this happening?
We expect it to be zero
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms