Marked, Locked Serial if Clear Line after Enter Lot and Serial
(Doc ID 1998763.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Serials incorrectly become locked and unusable when users begin with one serial and change to another.
The mark id is populated on MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS.
* This impacts various types of transactions like subinventory transfer, project transfer, miscellaneous issue.
Expect serials available.
1. Choose a lot/serial controlled item.
2. Navigate to inventory > Transactions > Subinventory Transfer
3. Choose subinventory transfer on the header page.
4. Choose the item, from/to subinventory, LOT, and quantity on the lines page.
5. Choose the lot/serial button.
6. Enter serials
7. Choose ok
8. Press the CLEAR Button.
9. Enter a new transaction.
* The earlier serial is no longer available. IF you save a new transaction, the earlier serial is also marked and lost as an orphan.
Serials are unusable on future transactions.
Confusing to users that do not see serials available.
Could delay orders and transactions resulting in delays on wip processing, sales order shipment, and general warehouse movement.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document