The Material Requirements Block of the WIP Discrete Jobs Form Incorrectly Shows Component Quantities As Open
Last updated on NOVEMBER 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Work In Process (WIP) job has both scrap and overcompletion transactions, the system takes total qty(scrap + assembly) to be total job quantity and uses this to calculate required quantity and open quantity. This creates incorrect open requirements for components
Since all components are not scrapped and are not required, only the quantity required to complete the job should be required by the operations downstream from the 'scrap operation'. System should show open qty as 0 for all operation pull components
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following example:
1. WIP: Discrete-> Discrete-> Create a Released Discrete Job for 10 assemblies
2. Push Components Button - no components are shown as issued.
3. Scrap 5 qty opn 20 as earlier (from 10Q to 20 Scrap)
4. Notice that 1/2 the components for operation 20 are issued (this is logical) Example, .19 required, .095 issued for a component
5. Over complete 5, IE move 10 from 10Q to 999 To Move. 10 was the original quantity in the job
6. All quantities required are back flushed.
The application incorrectly calculates the total assembly quantity to be 15 (10+5 scrap). This correct creates incorrect open requirements column
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms