Defining New Organization - Need Costing Org To Be Different From Master Org
(Doc ID 2001843.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Customer is trying to setup a new organization where
costing method is Standard
costing organization is the new organization (is its own costing organization)
NOTE: there are no transactions for this organization.
2) The following attributes are controlled at the Master level so the Master Organization wants to be the Costing Organization.
ATTRIBUTE_NAME USER_ATTRIBUTE_NAME_GUI CTL_LVL
MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS.COSTING_ENABLED_FLAG Costing Enabled Master
MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS.INVENTORY_ASSET_FLAG Inventory Asset Value Master
Note. All other costing attributes are controlled at the Organization Level.
3) Since the customer cannot change the control level on these costing attributes, he has resorted to the following workaround:
a) Set Item Master Org to same org as new org
b) Set Costing Method to Average
c) Change Item Master Org to SPC Item Master Org. Costing Org should still be new org.
d) Change Costing Method back to Standard
1) Do you see anything wrong with his workaround?
2) Is there another way to accomplish this? eg. Does Costing offer a data fix for this?
(I am from inventory and we own the form but not all of the data)
3) Is this even allowed?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document