Unable to Terminate Secondary Assignment on the Same Date it is Switched from Primary to Secondary Using API
(Doc ID 2001898.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1 HRMS RUP7 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note provides a brief overview of
Unable to terminate secondary assignment using API(hr_assignment_api.actual_termination_emp_asg) as the date was changed from primary to secondary.
API throws the following HR_7999_ASG_INV_PRIM_ASG error if specifying p_actual_termination_date = a day before the date when the secondary assignment (primary_flag = 'N') starts.
ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_ASSIGNMENT_API", line 2983
ORA-06512: at line 15
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create an employee on 01-JAN-2010.
- Create a secondary assignment on 01-JAN-2015 and save.
- Check the "Primary" flag of the secondary assignment created in the above step 2 on effective date = 01-JAN-2015 and save.
- Run the API to terminate the secondary assignment(primary_flag='N') with p_actual_termination_date = 01-JAN-2015. Do not commit yet.
6. Error "ORA-20001: The assignment must not be a primary assignment." occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document