Oracle Transportation and Global Trade Management Release 6.4.x Installation Notes and Updates
(Doc ID 2006049.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Freight Payment, Billing, and Claims - Version 6.4.0 and later
Oracle Trade Compliance - Version 6.4.0 and later
Oracle Global Trade Intelligence - Version 6.4.0 and later
Oracle Logistics Inventory Visibility - Version 6.4.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Transportation Intelligence - Version 6.4.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The purpose of the note is to provide a central place for the latest installation updates & notes to be collected for release 6.4.x (such as changes to the installation process and/or migration scripts). Any corrections or clarifications found after the release are listed here. See the release notes for each release to see other installation and upgrade information.
Upgrading from a Previous Version
Prior to the Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 release there were two installers provided: an "upgrade" installer and a "full"installer. The upgrade installer was used to install the new version of the software on top of an earlier version of the software, whereas the full installer laid down the latest code into a new directory. Either installer allowed for the migration of custom properties from an earlier release.
As of OTM 6.3 there is no longer an upgrade installer provided. Instead, the process of upgrading from a prior version is to lay down new code into a new directory. After downloading the latest 6.3 release, it is necessary to follow the OTM Installation Guide in order to install the software.
The “Upgrading from a Prior Version” section provides details on additional steps necessary when upgrading from a prior version. One important step is to copy any customizations from your previous installation into the new installation. See the “Customizations Migration” section of Installation Guide for specific steps.
After the software has been installed and customizations have been migrated, it is necessary to apply database changes and migrate the database from a previous version. Please refer to the OTM Migration Guide for specific instructions, depending on the version from which you are migrating.
- If the error message "The code of method...is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit" is encountered when navigating OTM screens, please apply WebLogic patch 17968606.
- If the error message "weblogic.servlet.jsp.CompilationException: Failed to compile JSP" is encountered when attempting to access a GTM screen, please apply WebLogic patch 22079722.
- If errors such as "Invalid element in oracle.xdo.webservice.JDBCDataSource - preProcessFunc" are encountered running reports, apply patches 18818588 and 19443170.
- If PL/SQL exhibit issues with VPD or data visibility, install database patch 19013183.
- Fusion Transportation Intelligence/Global Trade Intelligence: If installing or upgrading either of these applications, it is recommended you install the following patch to avoid problems importing the master repository in Oracle Data Integrator, #21487066. Contact OTM support for download instructions.
- If your database session ends with ORA-03114 or ORA-03113 error code after upgrading database to 12c version, see My Oracle Support Note 2087279.1.
- You may encounter problems when using the Driver Gantt. If these issues occur, please apply the patch for bug 20846455:
- When using Firefox, only the last driver is assigned when you drag a shipment onto the Gantt chart.
- When you select an item in a table or map, the same item is not selected in the Gantt chart.
- A selection problem in the Gantt table view or Gantt screen rendering.
- Receiving unexpected exceptions in the Gantt.
Fusion Transportation Intelligence/Global Trade Intelligence: If installing either of these applications, install the following patches for Oracle Data Integrator:
Bug 20223689 - MERGE REQUEST ON TOP OF 18.104.22.168.0 FOR BUGS 18873829 19070000 19725761 20112974
Bug 19781110 - Unable to import the Security settings from DEV to TEST in 12.1.3
- If you are installing on AIX, modify the webserver/weblogic.conf to add the following line. If you do not add this line, you will be unable to log into OTM:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Upgrading from a Previous Version|