De-Activate Asset - You Cannot Update An Expired Instance
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to de-activate an asset in enterprise asset management, the following error occurs.
The asset gets de-activated, so the error message is misleading.
Update Procedure Failed with the following error message: You Cannot Update and Expired Instance. Instance needs to be be un-expired before any updates.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management
2. Navigate to Asset Numbers
3. Bring up an Asset
4. Go to Tools > De-Activate Asset
5. Receive error message. Status is updated to Expired and Active box unchecked
"Update Procedure Failed with the following error message: You Cannot Update and Expired Instance. Instance needs to be be un-expired before any updates."
6. Click Ok. Try to exit from Asset screen. Ask to save, say no. If yes, will get error message again.
7. Re-query the Asset. Asset comes up as De-Activated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms