When Implementing Forecasted PM, Error Displays Item ID Instead Of Item Number
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to attempt to forecasted preventive maintenance (PM) for obsoleted item, the error message displays inventory item id (system generated) instead of item number (user defined) with the following error:
"Non stockable Inventory Item must also be purchased and purchasable."
The error message should display the actual item number, not the inventory item id.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Make an item from the Maintenance BOM obsolete: 2110900
2. Miscellaneous Issue – issue out all on hand inventory (Transactions / Miscellaneous Transactions)
3. Delete locator, delete subinventory (Organization Item / Item Subinventory window)
4. Removed check material shortage flag (Organization Item / Inventory tab)
5. Applied PCS Obsolete Item template (Tools / Copy From)
6. Forecast and attempt to implement, receive above error.
The error is expected, but the Item Number 2110900 is not given, but the Item ID 148742 is given.
This is meaningless to the user. It is then very difficult to dig back through the items on the Maintenance BOM to find the problematic item.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms