Last updated on JULY 19, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Payments - Version 12.1.1 and later
Oracle Payables - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The User encounters the following error when attempting to Remove a proposed payment from a payment batch in which the Payment Instruction is in status: Failed Validation - Payment Action:
You may not remove the last payment from a payment instruction. Consider terminating the payment instruction instead.
Example of associated user steps:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Payments Manager, and enter and submit a Payment Process Request (PPR)
2. Process the PPR to completion, and then process the associated Payment instruction until it stops at Status: Failed Validation - Payment Action
3. Click the Take Action button in the Payment Instruction header row
4. See the Resolve Validation Errors: Payment Instruction <#####> screen
5. See a row(s) describing the Validation Error Reason, Validation Set, Date Failed, Override: No
6. Expand the Payments region of the screen, and run a search for the row for the payment that needs to be removed
7. Click the radio button on the payment row returned by at search, and see the associated invoice(s)
8. Then click the Remove button above the payment row, and see the Error message
9. The user then confirms the following related details:
a) the proposed payment is NOT the last payment in the batch
b) If not running the search for the payment(s) to be removed, and instead clicking through the payments page-by-page to find the payment(s), the payment can be removed successfully.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms