IB Mass Update Error Message: Contract Rules Creation Error
(Doc ID 2007912.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Mass Edit function is run, the following error occurs.
Contract Rules Creation error
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation: Oracle Installed Base Agent User >> Mass Update >> Mass Update
2. Create a new batch by selecting the Update type from the 'Create' LOV and click on the 'Go' button
3. Enter a unique Batch name
4. Click on the 'Add' button and enter the Instance to be updated (Goes to the Instance Search Page)
5. Click on e 'Select' radio button and the click on the 'Apply' button (Goes back the Batch Page)
6. Click on the 'Next' button
7. Enter the desired new values and click on the 'Next' button
8. Enter any desired values on the Associations Page and click on the 'Next' button
9. The next Page may or may not have an associated Warranty/Contract, click on the 'Next' button
10. Click on the 'As soon a possible' radio button and then click on the 'Submit' button
11. Navigation: Install Base Administrator >> View >> Requests >> Submit New Request >> Single Request >> Select 'Initiate Mass Edit' from the LOV
12. Enter the Batch Name and click on the 'OK' button and then click on the 'Submit' button
13. Observe that the Mass Edit concurrent process fails with the reported error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|