Promotional Limit of Type Usage Does Not Work as Expected with Other Limits
Last updated on JULY 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OEXOEORD - Sales order form
On : 12.1.3 version, Modifiers Setup only
Promotional limit of type Usage doesn't work as expected
We have a requirement to apply a 10% discount on customer's first order with a cap of $500 for the order. We are using promotional limit of type Usage to make sure that modifier apples only once per customer. And we are using the Cumulative Discount Amount limit to cap the total discount to $500.
When promotional limit of type Usage is applied along with the Cumulative Discount Amount limit on the same modifier, the promotional limit of type Usage doesn't work as expected.
Expect both limits to work in conjunction.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Order Management Super User, Pricing manager
2.. Create a discount list modifier to apply at order level.
3. Enter first List Limit so that the modifier can be applied only once per customer.
4. Enter second List Limit with Cumulative Discount Amount enforced Current Transaction with amount $500, so that $500 will the max discount per order.
5. Run ‘QP: Maintains the denormalized data in QP Qualifiers’ program for that modifier. The program completes successfully.
6. Create an order for an item having list price $289.90 & qty 50.
Note that the modifier was applied on the order.
7. Navigate to the modifier & open the list limits. Check the Balances.
The Cumulative Discount Amount limit correctly shows that 500 consumed with 0 available.
However, the Usage limit instead of showing consumed 1 & remaining 0, it is showing consumed 0.34 & available 0.66. Due this, I am able to apply the modifier for the same customer again on the different order.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms