Last updated on NOVEMBER 30, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Time and Labor - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Oracle Time and Labor Rules
Absence hours pre-population issues in OTL Absence Integration
1. Customer has done the OTL Absence integration as per white paper provided in the metalink.
2. The Absence hours applied on Core HR Form are pre-populating wrongly on self-service timecard
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login with your user and go to US Super HRMS Manager > Fast Path > Absence
2. Query for the employee 'JP_OTLEMP1'
3. Apply absence 'Vacation' with start date: 31-MAR-2015 Time: 08:00 and End Date: 31-MAR-2015 Time: 17:00 and save
4. Now login as jp_otlemp1 and go to responsibility Self Service Time
5. Click on Recent Timecards and select the Time period March 30, 2015 - April 01, 2015
6. See that the hours are populated wrongly as 08:00 to 23:59 and 00:00 to 16:00 for 31-March and 01-April respectively.
Workaround - per the Doc ID 1321194.1 to use CAC functionality.
1. But, Work Schedule profile option (HR: Schedule Based Absence Calculation) and BG_ABSENCE_DURATION formula cannot be used together..
2. This customer's business is not accepting this as a workaround because they wanted to use the BG_ABSENCE_DURATION fast formula for their custom validations.
3. As per Doc ID 1321194.1 if they have to use CAC they tried setting profile value for HR: Schedule Based Absence Calculation to "Yes" then the pay codes are NOT appearing against absence hours on self service timecard
4.But As per Doc ID 1925469.1, if the Pay codes are not getting populated against the absence hours on the self service timecard, then HR: Schedule Based Absence Calculation needs to be set to "No" which is contradictory
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms