NL Legislation: Data Corruption Occurs When Performing an Update/Replace to an Assignment That Has Future Assignment and Grade Step Updates
(Doc ID 2012966.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2020
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (Netherlands) - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP7 and later
Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note provides a brief overview of
After upgrading to RUP7 it is possible to cause data corruption by performing an update to an assignment that has future assignment and grade step updates
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Employee has updates to the assignment and to grade step
2. Change session date to a date prior to the earlier of the assignment update or grade step update
3. Change the data and save as update - replace ........ but when the popup messages show:
This action will delete any future grade step changes for this assignment... Do you want to Continue?
yes or no?
4. Close the assignments form and get popup -
Do you want to save the changes you have made?
5. Data corruption is now found
The data corruption in the assignments form is breaking payroll processes (e.g. retropay) and also the data warehouse refresh processes (e.g. OBIEE). More over the corrupted assignment records cannot be reliably updated and this results in situations that are impossible to correct via the forms.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document