When Interfacing Route From Back End With BMCOIN, System Gives Error ORA-06502
Last updated on MAY 26, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Bills of Material - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When users are trying to load the data from the interface tables (BOM_INVENTORY_COMPS_INTERFACE) using the Standard Program (Bill and Routing Interface BMCOIN), see the construction having more than 85 length is giving the following errors in the request log file:
BOMPOPIF(bmopinp) IMPORT_RTG :10ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
1. Go to SQL
2. Insert the data into the BOM_INVENTORY_COMPS_INTERFACE table
3. Commit the records.
4. Go to: Bills of Materials
5. Navigate to: View > Requests > Submit concurrent program
6. Choose an inventory organization.
6. Run the Bill and Routing Interface concurrent program
7. View the request and monitor for its completion.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms