Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Project Billing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a project related AP invoice is cancelled the cancelled lines are getting a value of 0 in bill_amount and subsequently they are not billing by the PRC: Generate Draft Invoice for Single project. Below are the steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Setup to Invoice Net Zero lines in Project Accounting.
2. Setup project accounting to bill on Work/Work basis.
3. Setup tasks on a project and add at least one task to the Transaction controls at Task level. Set the transaction control for an expenditure type for this task to "not" bill.
4. Enter a Project related AP Invoice that has lines that net to zero.
5. Enter one of the lines for the task and expenditure type that was set to "not" bill at the task transaction control for the Project.
6. Enter remaining lines such that they will be billable.
7. After accounting for this invoice transfer it to Project accounting and generate revenue on it and generate draft invoice.
8. Complete the process for this invoice by transferring it to AR and running tie back.
9. Now cancel the AP invoice that was entered in step 4 above.
10. Complete the process for this invoice to transfer it to PA, and run generate draft revenue.
At this point you should see the cancelled lines that were added by AP have a value of 0 in the bill amount field and are not getting invoiced by the PRC: Generate Draft Invoice.
It appears the bill amount is set to 0 by the PRC: Generate draft revenue program.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms