Funds Check Fails for a Budget Year Shorter than Accounting/Fiscal Year
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Budget Year, Encumbrance Year, Budget Periods, Funds Check, Budgetary Control, Funds Inquiry
1. You have defined a short year Budget , having a fewer number of periods (e.g. only 9 periods, from Jan-15 to Sep-15), whereas the Accounting or Fiscal calendar is defined with 12 periods (Jan-15 to Dec-15).
2. Encumbrance accounting is also enabled.
3. Accounts in Budget Organization are setup with: Funds Check level = Absolute / Amount type = YTD / Boundary = Year
4. Users are successfully entering Encumbrance transactions against period Oct-15.
5. Doing Funds Inquiry in Sep-15 or any previous period, you find that funds available were reduced by the Encumbrance transactions entered after the last period of Budget year.
It was expected that Funds Check is performed only for the periods included in the budget year. Transactions booked after Sep-15 - the last period of budget year - should not affect available funds.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms