Invalid Department Error When Adding A Work Order Operation
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add an operation to an existing work order in HTML self service, the following error occurs.
The error occurs intermittently. Any department used will return this error. Result is that an additional operation cannot be added.
The operation can be added without error in forms. The issue occurs 5% of the time or less. No issue with same departments rest of time.
"Department ______ is invalid"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Maintenance Super User > Work Orders > All >
2. Retrieve example work order
3. Open work order details
4. In Operations, click Add,
5. Add new operation and resource normally
6. Enter next operation (2nd, 3rd, etc.), tab
7. Enter operation description, tab
8. Enter operation number, tab, operation description, tab, department, tab to resource, enter resource, tab, enter required, tab, enter assigned units, tab
10. Error returned “Department (department code) is invalid”. Happens each time new operation entry is attempted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms