Default Value For Legal Employer In Soft Coded KFF Is Not Appearing For New Hires and instead Throws Error "APP-PAY-34024: You must enter a Legal Employer for this assignment.".
(Doc ID 2022792.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP6 version, Person / Assignment Issues in All instances.
When attempting to save the assignment details of a new hire record, the following error occurs.
The Soft Coded Key Flexfield in the "Statutory Information" TAB on the Assignment form does not accept the Default Value
entered to the required segment "Legal Employer".
APP-PAY-34024: You must enter a Legal Employer for this
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go into Applications.
2. Navigate to System Administrator >> Applications >> Flexfields >> Key >> Segments.
3. Query for the flexfield "Soft Coded KeyFlexfield".
4. Unfreeze the flexfield by unchecking the checkbox "Freeze Flexfield Definition".
5. Click on "Segments".
6. Select Default Type as "Constant" and provide a default value.
7. Save the record, Freeze the flexfield and compile the definition.
8. Navigate as Australian HRMS Manager >> People >> Enter and Maintain
9. Create a new employee record and edit the values in the Assignment form and save the record.
10. The form then throws the error given above.
Click on 'Statutory Information' TAB.
The KFF shows the default values for segments. The changes are NOT saved unless the user will have to click on KFF and reselect the value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document