2015 Increase In SMP Not Reported To HMRC
Last updated on MAY 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (UK) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Employee is on Maternity Leave.
Why on Maternity Leave, and once payments have stopped, an increase is made to Statutory Maternity Pay Element.
This payment is put through the next payroll period, but a reduction is then made to the Occupational Maternity Pay Element, resulting in 0.00 payment.
Although the payment is 0.00 there is an increase in the SMP value, which needs to be reported to HMRC in the period the SMP is made to Employee.
Expect that new values of Statutory payments made to employees be reported in the FPS submission.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Employee goes on Maternity Leave
2. Employee exhausts all Maternity Payments and then is receiving Nil pay
3. A backdated pay award is made and SMP values increase, which results in an additional payment to Employee.
4. Pay the SMP value to Employee and reduce OMP value which results in 0.00 payment
5. The increased SMP value should be output on the FPS regardless of 0.00 being paid in the period
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms