Sourcing Requirements Are Missing Section Text After Applying Procurement March 2015 Rollup Patch
Last updated on NOVEMBER 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Sourcing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Sourcing, Release 12.1.3:
Sourcing Requirements are missing Section text after applying the Procurement Rollup Patch dated March 2015.
Requirements created for Sourcing Events (Negotiations) are missing the Section text after applying the RUP. The reusable requirements list are there, but once a requirement is selected certain sections and the text added to those sections are no longer there.
The users do not want to have to recreate all requirements from scratch after the family patch is applied.
Prior to applying the patch, the requirement lists were created and they show the full descriptions correctly.
On the Update Requirement List page (where the requirement lists are defined), the text information is missing indeed. However, if clicking the Update icon (pencil) for the entry which is missing the text, this opens the Update Requirement List: Update Requirement page and on this page the text is seen in the Requirement Description field. It is noted now also that there is a new field on this page which was introduced by the RUP. It is "Requirement Name", and it is limited to 100 characters.
- It appears that there may be a script which has populated the Requirement Description values into the Requirement Name field of the Update Requirement page, for the requirements which existed prior to applying the RUP.
- For the requirement lists whose requirements are displaying correctly, the Requirement Name field has the full value of the previously-existing Requirement Text field and that field contained 100 or less characters.
- For the requirement lists whose requirements are not displaying correctly, the Requirement Name field on the Update Requirement page has the first 100 characters from the "View HTML Source" value of the Requirement Text field, where more than 100 characters were entered.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Sourcing Super User
2. Navigate to Negotiations > Sourcing > Sourcing Home Page
3. Click on the Negotiations tab
4. Click on the "Requirements" hyperlink from the "Reusable Lists" (bottom right)
5. Change the status to "Active" and click Go
6. Click on one of the requirements (hyperlink)
7. In the "Update Requirement List: Solicitation Objective" click to Expand All Sections
The same behavior is seen also when viewing the RFQ documents. The requirement description is no longer displayed on the RFQ headers page, and the user must individually click each View icon in order to see the details.
A similar issue also occurs for supplier users:
1. Responsibility: Sourcing Supplier
2. Open the published RFI or RFQ document which contains requirement information.
3. On the page where the sourcing document is viewed, select Actions = Create Quote.
4. On the Create Quote page, scroll to the Requirements region. The supplier users are only seeing the requirement name and not the requirement detail information.
Due to this issue, users cannot accurately complete the Sourcing event creations.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms