Old Costs from a Shipment are not Removed when Another Shipment is Merged into it and New Cost is Calculated
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.3.0 to 6.4.1 [Release 6.3 to 6.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When doing a Manual Merge of one Shipment in to another, on the Financial tab, the cost details of the old cost are still visible. The total cost of the shipment is correct, though.
The cost details of the old Shipment should not be visible under the Financial tab, after a manual merger of 2 shipments
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create Order Releases: TEST_OR1 and TEST_OR2
2) Select each order and plan it using Show Routing Option (select a Service Provider say, TEST_SP, on the route constraint window)
3) Query the 2 shipments (both have a cost of say, $5 and use carrier TEST_SP) and select both.
4) Use the Action -> Operation Planning -> Change Shipment Route -> Merge Shipments with Manual option. Select one of the shipments to merge to.
5) Shipments get merged into one.
6) Edit the shipment and go to the financial tab - there will be 2 base cost in the details - the new cost of $10 and the original cost of $5. Orginal cost of $5 should not be there.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms