WIP Mobile Background Transaction Processing Mode? - Why Is WIP Online? Or Why Stuck Pending Without Error In Background?
(Doc ID 2024546.1)
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2018
Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Why are Work in Process (WIP) Transactions Stuck in the pending transactions (MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS_TEMP) until the inventory manager runs?
Note: The opposite situation might also occur. You might see all transactions processing in background, but WIP transactions process in online mode. You are confused why WIP behaves differently.
What is working?
- Other transactions like miscellaneous issue process in online mode. This only impacts WIP transactions in mobile.
- WIP Issue transactions on the forms work in online mode correctly. It is only mobile.
- Confirmed the profile option "TP:INV Transaction processing mode" is online. It has no impact on WIP transactions.
1. Navigate to a Mobile responsibilty (Materials & Mfg) > Manufacturing > Assy & Material Txn > Material Txn > Issue
2. Enter the job, item, subinventory, and quantity.
4. The transaction says "Success".
5. Navigate to Inventory > Transactions > Pending transactions
6. See the transaction waiting to process.
7. Run the Inventory > Setup > Transactions > Interface Managers
8. Run the Material Manager (inventory manager)
9. The transaction processes.
- Why did the WIP transaction NOT process without running the inventory manager?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.