Worker Postponement Not Applied - "Postponement Period is longer than 3 months" Start date is earlier than staging dat
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (UK) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Finding that employees who were hired BEFORE to the start of the payroll calendar, the worker postponement was not applied.
The analysis shows that the employee was hired with the effective date 03-NOV-1986, but entered into Oracle on 08-OCT-2013.
Since October 2013 the employee`s Pensions Information element has Pension Classification set to "Worke"r but no "Postponement Type" was set even though the default "Worker Postponement" is set to be the maximum deferral of 3 months.
Expect to be able to manually enter this :
Postponement can be set manually by the user, but both "Postponement type" and "Postponement End Date" must be entered.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Create employee record
2. Pensions Information automatically updated
3. Amend employee start date to be BEFORE the pension Staging date (1-Apr-2013), e.g. 1 Dec 2007
4. Make sure the salary proposal is effective 1-Dec-2014.
5. Add salary proposal from 1-Dec-2014 and save the change.
6. Check Pensions Information element - this has now been changed to eff. 1-Apr-2013 (staging date).
7. Update Pensions Information element as recommended (Postponement Type: Worker Postponement; Postponement End Date: 28-Feb-2014) with the effective 1-Dec-2014.
8. Run Payroll Run UK
9. Run Autoenrolment Process
10. Verify the report
11. Check Pensions Information element - no change
Due to this issue, users cannot get the cases such as this to autoenroll.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms