Last updated on JUNE 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer routinely ships deliveries containing one non-stockable item: This item represents an added fee which applies to all of the other items being shipped.
When the sales order is booked, all items including the non-stockable item have a subinventory specified on the Sales Order Line, Shipping tab.
When the delivery is ship confirmed, warning results that the delivery detail for the non-stockable item does not satisfy inventory controls, and it is removed from the delivery.
The Commercial Invoice is contained in the Ship Confirm Document Set. The non-stockable item does not appear on the Commercial Invoice report.
If customer does not specify a subinventory as release criteria on the Pick Release form, then this line does appear on the Commercial Invoice report.
Expect the non-stockable item to always appear on the Commercial Invoice report
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enter a new order with 5 order lines. The 5th line is the non-stockable line.
2. In the sales orders form line items/shipping tab, specify a subinventory for each order line; then book the order.
3. Pick release the order. Specify the subinventory as pick release criteria on the Inventory tab of the Pick Release form.
4. Ship confirm the delivery created in step 3.
5. Get warning message that the delivery detail for line 5 does not satisfy inventory controls, and this line will be unassigned from the delivery.
6. Click OK to continue with ship confirm.
7. Commercial Invoice report is generated as one of the documents in the Ship Confirm Document Set.
8. Review this report. See that line 5, for the non-stockable item, does not appear.
9. Repeat these steps, except that at step 3, do NOT input a subinventory for release criteria on the Inventory tab of the pick release form
10. There is no warning message when ship confirming the delivery, and the Commercial invoice report DOES show line 5
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms