Is It Possible to Create Assets for Child Items but Not for Parent Item ?
(Doc ID 2030789.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Asset Tracking - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Business requirement is to capitalize only child items and not the parent item.
It is explained in the example below :
The parent item is a tray, it is not a Asset Item. It is not assigned to any asset category in the Item Master.
Child items are Asset Items and assigned to asset category in Item Master.
1. Create a Child Item/Parent Tray Item.
2. Cost Items.
3. Get onhand for Child Item.
4. Create Work Order for Parent Tray Item.
5. WIP issue Child Item.
6. Complete WIP Job for Tray.
7. Create Sales order for Tray.
8. Pick and ship the Tray.
9. Run Cost of goods sold Program (COGS).
10. Run Create Assets : Interface Inventory Transactions To Fixed Asset (CSEINVFA).
11. Verify request log. It shows error for the Parent Item "Unable to derive asset category".
Note: Parent Item is not eligible to be fixed asset, so it does not have Asset category.
Oracle Asset Tracking (OAT) did not pick eligible child items for capitalization.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document