R12: Copy Order to RMA not passing LINE_ID to COPY_LINE_DFF_EXT_API extension.
(Doc ID 2030932.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the COPY_LINE_DFF_EXT_API ("Call line DFF extension API in COPY") system parameter to
facilitate ORDER_TO_RETURN copying of descriptive flexfields, the newly created LINE_ID is not retaining
and passed to OE_COPY_UTIL_EXT.Copy_Line_DFF.
For this specific "ORDER_TO_RETURN" scenario the newly generated LINE_ID is (incorrectly) NULLed.
1. Set Sysytem Parameter: "Call line DFF extension API in COPY" = Yes
2. Identify an example sales order to be copying
3. Query this order and navigate to the "Line Items" tab page
5. Now select "Actions -> Copy
6. Select "New Order" and Change Order/Line Type To an RMA line type
7. Select "Descriptive Flex" for header and lines
8. Hit "OK"
9. Observation: the newly generated LINE_ID is (unexpectedly) not passed to the OE_COPY_UTIL_EXT.Copy_Line_DFF procedure
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document