Reportable Allowances Incorrectly Reported in ETP Payment Summary for Deceased Employees
(Doc ID 2030959.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Oracle HRMS (Australia) - Version 12.1.3 and later Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying Patch 21267565:R12.PER.B - STATUTORY UPDATES EFFECTIVE 1 JULY 2015 incorrect "Gross Payments" and "Reportable Allowances" amounts being reported in - ETP Payment Summaries - EOY Reconciliation Reports for deceased employees.
Allowances paid after death should not be reported on after applying Patch 21267565:R12.PER.B After applying the patch, the allowances are not only reported but also reported incorrectly.
The same issue occurs with all End of financial year reports.
REFERENCE <Note 2017621.1> - README FOR PATCH STATUTORY UPDATES EFFECTIVE 1 July 2015 > ... > A4.SALARY AND WAGES NEITHER TAXED NOR REPORTED ON PAYMENT SUMMARY AFTER DEATH > ... > A new seeded information element has been added AU Earnings Run Death Termination. If an employee has a termination > type of death the system will automatically not tax salary, allowances and bonus payments on termination. These payments > will also not be reported on the payment summary and also reported as non taxable earnings on reconciliations reports > and SOE. > ...
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR After Patch 21267565:R12.PER.B allowances should not be reported on a Death Termination
STEPS TO REPRODUCE (1) Terminate a person in the due to death in the first pay period of FY 2015/2016
(2) Run a QuickPay for the first pay period
(3) View SOE > Notice everything is fine & correct
(4) Generate Payment Summary (a) Payment Summary Archive (b) Payment Summary Validation XML (c) Generate Australian PDF Report (d) Produce Self Printed Payment Summary XML-PDF (Australia) (e) Print Self Printed Payment Summary - PDF (Australia)
(5) Review the PAYG Payment Summary > Gross Payments = 15 > Total Allowances = -14 !!! PROBLEM !!! EXPECTING NOTHING to be reported under Allowances and Gross Payments These figures do not match the element entries either.
(6) Generate: End of Year Reconciliation Summary report (a) End of Year Reconciliation Summary (b) Generate Australian PDF Report !!! PROBLEM !!! Notice that the same figures are reported under "Payment Summary Gross" & "Reportable Allowances" EXPECTING NOTHING to be reported under Allowances and Gross Payments
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!