Deploy REST Service For PL/SQL Fails Due To Unsupported DataType
(Doc ID 2031414.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2018
Applies to:Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway - Version 12.2 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Applications 12.2.4,
Getting the following error trying to deploy some REST service for PL/SQL interface:
"Exception 'Error occurred while generating the web service' occurred when attempting to perform 'generate'. Please view Log/Error details for more information"
Clicking on the View Error displays the error:
"Caused by: BINDING.JCA-11819 Database type not supported. Encountered a database type APPS.WF_PARAMETER_LIST_T that is either not supported or is not implemented. Parameter P_PARAMETERS is of type APPS.WF_PARAMETER_LIST_T which is either not supported or is not an implemented datatype. Check to ensure that the type of the parameter is one of the supported datatypes or that there is a collection or user defined type definition representing this type defined in the database".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login using the Integrated SOA Gateway responsibility
2. Navigate to Integration Repository
3. While viewing by Product Family navigate the folder structure to Applications Technology -> Workflow -> Business Event
4. The list of Business Event APIs are listed. Click Next to go to the next page
5. Select the PL/SQL API, "Workflow Business Event System" (Internal name WF_EVENT)
6. The Workflow Business Event System API is displayed. Click the REST Web Service tab.
7. From Service Operations, click Next then select the Raise Local Event operation
8. Enter a Service Alias name (e.g. EventService)
9. Click the Deploy button
10. Error displayed
Due to this issue, users cannot deploy REST service interface for the above mentioned API.
This issue has also been previously observed in these other APIs:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document