Wrong Behavior - Inventory Asset Flag Can Be Disabled For An Item With OnHand Quantity
Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Item Master - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Master Items form (INVIDITM), find that the Inventory Asset Flag controlled at the master level can still be modified when on-hand exists in a child organization.
Expect that when the Inventory Asset Flag is controlled at the master level, it will not be able to be modified if on-hand exists in any child organization.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Validate that the Inventory Asset Flag is controlled at the master level.
Navigate to Inventory > Setup > Items > Attribute Controls
2. Validate that there is on-hand for the item in any child organization
Navigate to Inventory > On-Hand, Availability > On-Hand Quantities
3. Navigate to Items > Master Items
4. Go to the Costing tab
5. Try to uncheck the Inventory Asset Value flag
6. The change is allowed even if the attribute is controlled at the master level.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms