When Profile "INV: Material Status Support" is Set to Yes, Material Allocation Fail Even Though On-Hand is Available with the Grade Given on Sales Order Line
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to allocate the pick wave move order system is throwing the following error
Error: The material sourcing process failed to create picking suggestions for line Y of move order XXXXX
Steps to Reproduce
1) Create Item (Say ITEM1) with Lot Controlled as Full Control and Grade Control Enabled. Give Default grade - Lets Say A.
2) Set the profile "INV: Material Status Support" to YES.
3) Assign the item to Organization (Say O1).
4) Receive some onhand quantity in grade A and Lot 'L00000000000000000000000020296' using Misc Receipt.
5) Create a Sales Order - ZZZZ with warehouse O1, Grade B, quantity 3.
6) Do a Pick Release with Auto Allocate to NO.
7) In the transact move order try to allocate the line.
System is raising the above error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms