GSP Workflow is Using The Incorrect Progression Date
(Doc ID 2032215.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
GSP Workflow is using the incorrect progression date
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. US Super HRMS Manager Responsibility
2. Navigate to Total Compensation> Total Compensation Setup Wizard
3. Select Grade/Step Progression
4. Go to past date, example Apr 1st 2013 and click on GO
5. Select your grade ladder. Example 'Sree Test GL'
6. Under option1 Grade Ladder click on Go task
7. Make sure you have the following:
Posting Style: Manual
Select a Progression Style as Step or Grade and Step
Use Progression Points: YES
Use Workflow: YES
8. click Next
9. Currency: Canadian dollar and Period: Annual
10. Update employee salary: Yes, Select Rate and Salary change date as "On Progression Process Date"
11. Click next and review your Grade Ladder setup (In our case we have GL with 2 Grade and 2 Steps each)
12. Click Next go to Step 6 of 7
13. There is two eligibility profiles linked to the Grade Ladder but they aren’t necessary, we just need someone to be eligible to the life event “Grade Step progression” for the Grade Ladder…
14. Now lets review our employee details
click on Assignment
At Supervisor tab: Attach a supervisor (<Supervisor_Name>) and with a worker and Assignment number
15. Go to Grade Ladder screen from Assignment window and attach grade ladder 'Test GL' previous created in step 1 to 13.
16. Go to Others button and select Grade Step and make sure you have point selected as 1
17. Now submit the Participation Process: Grade Step” process for an employee (Once it is done, the employee must have become eligible to the grade step progression)
CA HRMS Manager or US Super HRMS Manager-> Processes and Reports(N) -> Submit Processes and Reports -> Single Request
18. In the parameters make sure you have the following:
Effective Date: Tomorrow (2015-04-09)
Detect Temporal Events: All
Person Name: <EMP_NAME>
Program Name: Your Grade Ladder 'Test GL'
Grade Ladder: Your Grade Ladder 'Test GL'
Audit Log: Yes
19. Now navigate to Workstructures>Grade>Progression Approval Approval UI Search Page(We gave this function to the CA HRMS MANAGER menu)
20. On this page, enter “2015-04-09” in the “progression date from” and “progression date to” search criteria. Click “Go”. Select the employee and click approve.
21. Now we arrive on the “Approvals: Progression and Salary Change Date” page
22. Here change the two dates (Progression Date and Salary Change Date) to “2015-04-10” and click “Submit”.
23. We arrive on this page. Because we are using a workflow, running the proposed process will result in doing nothing. So we click “No”.
24. We get the confirmation that the progression changes have been approved
25. Now, we need to go on the account of the employee's supervisor, to approve the progression via the notice he received with the workflow.
When we connect with the supervisor account, we have this on the Home Page:
26. We click the notice subject and we arrive on this page
27. The red box is the progression Date of the Grade Step Progression. We changed it before to “2015-04-10” but it didn’t follow.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document