Last updated on JULY 21, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are unable to change the effective date of future date components in an structure with Change Policy enabled.
Expected behavior is to be able to change the effective dates of components of the future dated structures through change orders in Product Workbench.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Development Manager > Create Change Policy at Item Catalog Category (ICC) level
- Define item for which the structure will be created (Item:JFT-RGP500)
- If you look at configuration tab of item JFT-RGP500, you can see no structure has been created
- Create a change order to create new structure
- Navigate to the Summary page of Change Order to see the status of the Change Order created in Draft status
- Two lines are added (Same item JFT-RGP500 but with different effective dates)
- Item JFT-RGP503 is added with effective date as 23-Mar-15 which is today(current date when test case was created)
- Child items JFT-RGP501 and JFT-RGP502 are added with effective dates as 31-MAR-15, which was the current date at that time
- Submit the Change Order
- The Change Oder is approved. Promoted to approval and then implemented
- Change Order is implemented
- Look at the item JFT-RGP500 in the Items Configuration tab and confirmed one item is listed as expected
- One item is listed as expected
- By changing the filter to current and future 3 items are listed as expected
- Note the effective dates, now try to change the effective dates through change order from 31-Mar-2015 to 8-Apr-2015
- Lines are highlighted in yellow in Product Workbench and there is no update option for effective date
- No update option for component details
- However, if users query the Item using Bills of Material form, the update option is available in the form
- Try changing the effective date as 8-Apr-15 and save it
- Change date details is reflected in html page as well
What is Working
Bills of Materials form show the option to change the current date to a future date . This is not available in Product Workbench.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms