Last updated on JUNE 02, 2017
Applies to:User Productivity Kit - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to import a large number of users (over 9500) to KCenter, using the User Import Utility, the following error message is received:
The following error message is received when trying to import users to KCenter through the User Import Utility.
“17/06/2015 09:31 [ERROR]GK_UserImportTest00:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.
17/06/2015 09:31 Failed SaveUser RICOH-EUROPE\AYSEL.TUTKUN”
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. From the Knowledge Center User Import Utility program group, double-click User Import.
2. Enter a username and password, and select the appropriate language and workgroup, if necessary. Select the desired server in the Connect to list box, if necessary. Click OK.
3. If the configuration file already exists, select or enter the configuration file name, click Load. Skip to step 8.
4. Click the Users will be imported in the following Workgroup, if applicable.
5. Click the workgroup into which you want to import the user data.
6. In the Import User List location field, enter the path for the text file, or click Browse, navigate to the location in which the data file is stored, select it, and click Open.
7. Select the Modify existing Users and/or Suppress error messages (Log only) options to enable them, if applicable.
8. Select Import Users.
9. Click OK.
10 Receive error message
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms