Data Types Change Or Disappears In Data Model
(Doc ID 2037106.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2017
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 18.104.22.168.x to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Upon saving data types from Unifier, data types disappear from the data model and some of them are changed from Integer to Long.
This can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Prepare and publish the Custom Report from Unifier. Data Model generates successfully at BI-Publisher (BIP).
2. Edit the Data Model, Click OK. All the elements disappears.
3. Repeat Step 2. All the elements reappears but some Data Types changed to Long instead of Integer.
4. Try a workaround. Click New Data Set>SQL Query and copy the original query and click OK. It generates the same type of Data Elements with step 3.
5. Change to Data Type and click View. Sample Data is generated successfully.
6. Run the report. It returns empty. (If we run the report right after step 1. report works fine.)
Have been using using Unifier Data Views to send the SQL to BIP.
Changing Data View from Unifier and republishing the report deletes all other settings like Bursting, Trigger, Schedule etc. So the Data cannot be edited there.
Are using BI-Publisher to change the SQL when needed.
BI version is 126.96.36.199.150120
Unifier sends fields like project_id as INTEGER type and currency amount type fields as DOUBLE to BIP.
If one edits the Data Model and clicks OK without even making any changes, every item in the list disappears.
If one re-edits the data model and clicks OK, the data fields come back but integer type fields are listed as LONG and double type fields are listed as FLOAT.
Don't need the fields to change and the report does not return any result after this change. In earlier versions of BIP, these fields stay as INTEGER and DOUBLE.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document