Last updated on MAY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Asset Tracking - Version 12.2.4 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Non-Serialized, normal Item is received for a Project, the Instance split function is not working correctly. The Fixed Asset (FA) tieback is not occurring for the new split Instance.
This is because Attribute8 and Attribute9 are not being populated. Also, Attribute7 (Serial Number) is being incorrectly populated with the accounting period.
Expect the split Instance to tie back to Fixed Assets
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Purchase Order (PO) with Quantity = 10 for a Non-Serialized, Normal Item
2. Receive the PO and an Instance is created with Quantity = 10
3. Install Quantity = 6 at Location Type = Internal Site
4. Install Quantity = 4 at Location Type = HZ Site
5. Original Instance is EXPIRED, new Instances are created
6. Put In Service first Instance >> New Instance is created and old Instance is EXPIRED
7. Put In Service second Instance >> New Instance is created and old Instance is EXPIRED
8. Run 'Create Accounting' program
9. Run 'Interface In-Service Transactions to Oracle Projects - Normal Items' program
10. Run 'PRC: Interface Assets to Oracle Assets' program and observe that the Fixed Asset is not created for the second split Instance
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms